Re: scent

Raging hormones?

On Wednesday, December 24, 2003, at 03:52 PM, Jesse Bell wrote:

Funny...my mother gave me some 'White Shoulders' when I got married the first time. I came home from work one day...and the whole apartment smelled like my MOTHER...I asked my ex what he sprayed....he grabbed the bottle off my dresser and said..."this air freshener stuff". What a dunce. (what WAS I thinking when I married that doofus? I do NOT know).

From: "Kitty" <kmrsy@comcast.net>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Subject: Re: [CHAT] scent
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 19:03:59 -0500

I remember being given a bottle of 'White Shoulders by an admirer back in
high school. The young man hadn't a clue so bought what the woman at the
counter suggested. It sat on my dresser for a few years and when I was in
college, I thought I'd give it a try. It really did smell quite nice.
However, when my boyfriend got a whiff of it, he got a strange look on his
face and said, "WHAT are you wearing?" I told him and he replied, "I
thought so, my mother wears it all the time." I never did again!

Kitty