crazy weather

Is this ever crazy weather or what!  In early December we had temperatures in
the low teens for several nights running - 20s in the daytime.  Much too
early in the year for such weather.  Then came two heavy snowfalls - again early
in the season.  Now when such weather would be more appropriate, we have a
driving rainstorm and the temperature is 55 degrees.   There goes our snow cover.

I'm totally behind with everything, but thank goodness we don't have anyone
coming.  I guess that sounds grinchy, but this season has just been too hectic.
 We did put up a tree the other night - a small one for us, but it makes the
statement.  Since we have no family near  enough to share the holiday with, we
will go to church in the morning, come home  and open our few packages, grab
a bite of lunch and go to the city (New York - is there another?)  We stay at
the Princeton Club, but since their dining room is closed on Christmas, we
will go to the Algonquin which is just in the next block for dinner.  We have
done this for several years now, ever since everybody went West.  We'll probably
do some museum-hopping the next morning - or the Morgan Library usually has a
nice exhibit and it's not far - see a show in the evening and come home the
next morning in time to pick up some groceries and get things back together.  It
will be good just to kick back and do nothing for a couple of days - away
from telephone, computer, etc.  But first, I must finish the index I am working
on - it's due on Tuesday, so I want to have it ready to go before I leave.  So,
back to work.  Here's hoping you all have a lovely, restful, joyful day.
Auralie