Re: now cat door

Would probably be easier--and less bloody--to give Beans a bath than to put a collar on her. Just getting her in a cat carrier can be a chore. When we moved down here, she started the trip in a cardboard carrier, which she ripped to shreds before we were 20 minutes out. She spent the rest of the journey mostly under the driver's feet or on the shelf looking out the back window.

On Thursday, December 25, 2003, at 10:32 AM, Kitty wrote:

I think I've seen some cat doors that operate on electronic control of some
sort. They only open for the animal wearing the collar that controls it.
However, mine don't wear collars. I worry about them getting caught on
fences, etc. If the collars loose enough for them to squeeze out in a jam,
they'll squeeze out of 'em on purpose, too. Of course there are the
breakaway types, but that gets pretty expensive cuz they keep breaking away
from their collars and I have to buy new ones.

Kitty

----- Original Message -----
From: "james singer" <jsinger@igc.org>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Thursday, December 25, 2003 7:14 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Happy Holidays to All, now cat door

Got one of those, Marge. We decided we didn't want the house open to
raccoons, however, so we put it in the door between the kitchen and the
garage. Once it's daylight, we can open the garage door and Miss Priss
can come and go as she pleases. By then, of course, she has already
been in and out four or five times, so she usually decides it's nap
time.