Christmas Present...

I had a pretty good Christmas after all.  Although I was dead tired and
still recouping from bronchitis, Bill and I got up early enough Christmas
morning to get busy cooking and cleaning.  It was just going to be Bill,
momma, daughter Rayna and me (her significant other went to visit his
parents in Florida, I think) for Christmas Dinner, but I always have to fix
both a ham and a turkey and have a vegetarian main dish as well.  Daughter
Tzeitel said she was only going to bring her hubby and the 4 children over
for a couple hours, so I didn't think she was coming to "feast" with us.
Well, the feast ran a little long and Tzeitel and her family showed up early
while we were still eating.  I asked if anyone were hungry and before you
know it, there were six more places set and everyone dived into their
favorites.  It was a good thing I had extra cake and pie and plenty of
veggie and meat dishes!

Bill is getting my sewing machine fixed for me.  (YEAH!) And he has that
microwave flower press on order for me too!  Daughter Rayna got me the
latest Ann McCaffrey book "Dragon's Kin" co-authored by her son Todd, which
I can hardly wait to start reading.  Daughter Tzeitel surprised me with a
"planting chair".  It has branches for legs and a back, and a large wooden
seat box to fill with soil and plant into.  Both Brenden and my new
granddaughter Cloe (second grade) painted the planting box.  (I actually got
a hug from Cloe and her two brothers Keegan and Shea!  That was pretty
special, too!)  There is grapevine draped from the "seat" to the top of the
chair "back."  Right now, there is a juniper in the "seat."  I'll plant it
outside in the spring (as it will grow much too large!) and plant the box
with seasonally appropriate plants for the front porch.  I'm so tickled with
it!  I guess it finally sank in that I love hand crafted gifts.  The time
taken to create something special means a great deal to me. :>)

I'm a happy camper....

Blessings,
Bonnie (SW OH - zone 5)