Holiday Food

In a message dated 12/25/2003 5:59:42 PM Central Standard Time,
pulis@mindspring.com writes:
For us, pickled herring was a New Year's dish, supposed to bring good luck.
Our New Year's good luck meal is black-eyed peas cooked with hog jowls
(jawbones) for luck, collard greens with ham hocks (for money), potato salad, corn
bread and fried chicken.  I manage to fix some form of that meal every year --
even if I'm the only one eating it!  I'm grateful it's not chitterlings!

zone 7
West TN