Re: History Major

My feelings are that more should be encouraged to combine studies that assist them economically with those that stretch their minds and encourage appreciation of the "human condition". I majored in nursing and minored in philosophy, and have to say that the latter greatly has added and continues to add to my appreciation of the myriad ways people approach the great questions in life.
On Wednesday, December 24, 2003, at 08:36 PM, Pamela J. Evans wrote:

Amen to that Libby - been there, done that.

From: "Libby Valentine" <L_Valentine@adelphia.net>
Date:  Wed, 24 Dec 2003 20:42:49 -0500

To tag onto what zem said, Old English is Anglo-Saxon.
Somehow gets frequently confused by people who think the Chaucer they read
in high school was Old English - but it's not, it's Middle English.

I have to say my liberal arts education taught me how to solve problems in a
structured way, and that skill is relevant to any discipline, any topic. As
are writing skills! Of course it has been difficult in times past to
persuade a potential employer of that fact...

Hugs to you all,