Re: Holiday Food

In a message dated 12/26/2003 7:55:21 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Zemuly@aol.com writes:

> Our New Year's good luck meal is black-eyed peas cooked with hog jowls
> (jawbones) for luck, collard greens with ham hocks (for money), potato
> salad, corn

All that sounds great to me, but in our household the tale was that the more
black-eyed peas you ate on New Year's, the more money you would have in the
coming year.  Ergo, the only dish served was a large pot of b-e peas.  I still
make them every year - guess I don't eat enough, though.  Auralie