RE: OT: cats

My cats sometimes scratch the furniture, but I'm trying hard to
discourage this!  I give them an outdoor natural fiber mat to scratch
on.  It's right by the sliding glass door where I usually let them out.
I always observed the cats scratching on my doormat OUTDOORS, so I
bought them one for inside!  They both use it everyday.  I'm trying a
citrus scented spray on the arms of my new furniture.  Also, I've used
lots of throws and obstacles like huge baskets or other furniture to
block their old scratching places.  Since my living room furniture is
new, I'm being more vigilant about keeping them from clawing it up!

Chris
Long Island, NY
Zone 7