Re: Holiday Food

In a message dated 12/27/2003 2:40:13 PM Central Standard Time,
pulis@mindspring.com writes:
My neighbors don't do potato salad and fried chicken for New Years. Is that
Tennessee, or family?
I grew up in the Mississippi Delta, and our cook made the best potato salad
and fried chicken I've ever had!  We used any excuse to get her to make it, and
it has just become a family tradition.  Her niece and I are very close
friends, having grown up together and now in our 60's, and when she comes to visit
me she always brings "Bay's" potato salad with her. BTW, try some chow-chow on
your husband's peas.  That will spice them up.  When I was little that was the
only way I could eat them because they are virtually tasteless by themselves.