RE: forcing bulbs

Donna,

Forced blooms will flower in a few weeks.  You may have to change the
water once or twice, but adding water as it evaporates should do the
trick.  I've thrown forced bulbs on the compost heap only to find a few
from who knows when blooming in the spring.  As you can tell, I don't
turn my pile.  It sits in the shade and probably doesn't get hot enough
to make compost quickly.

Chris
Long Island, NY
Zone 7