Re: Holiday Food

They ferment it in brine [kosher or rock salt and it's own juice]. Did you know that you can buy the "juice" in little bottles [one assumes] for breakfast? Personally, I like sauerkraut, but none of my wives have [maybe that's why the marriages sauered?]. And it is high in vitamin C.

On Sunday, December 28, 2003, at 10:01 PM, Kitty wrote:

I like cabbage in soup where it's more dilute as opposed to cabbage the way
it is served w/corned beef. But whatever it is they do to make it into
sauerkraut is just, well, distasteful. I suppose there's a Rosen's in Indy,
but I'm not that desperate for good rye to go that far.

Wonderful that Bill brought you the bouquet, very thoughtful.

Kitty

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bonnie & Bill Morgan" <wmorgan972@ameritech.net>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Sunday, December 28, 2003 9:27 PM
Subject: RE: [CHAT] Holiday Food

Kitty, Bill's family (German heritage through and through) fixed corned
beef
and cabbage, rather than sauerkraut. Is that more appetizing? Personally
only like the corned beef and can do without the sauerkraut or the boiled
cabbage. But, if it makes Bill happy...it's such an easy thing to do
anyway, I will do it for him. (I forgot to mention he bought a Christmas
bouquet with pink roses and alstromeria and cedar boughs. He's always
doing
something nice for me, so I don't have any problems doing things he likes
too.)

Kitty, is there a Rosens left in Indy? All the Rosens in Indy that I
remember have all been closed or are something else now. Did they go out
of
business?  They had great iclairs, too!

Blessings,
Bonnie (SW OH - zone 5) Missing some of my Hoosier roots.... :>)