Re: Gardening Quizzes

Yes, I have thought of doing it that way.  I used to do a lot of
backpacking when a Scout leader and enjoyed it thoroughly.  I thought of
doing the Smoky Mountains part first.  It takes a week and is through one
of the roughest spots.  I thought if I could make that easily(?), I might
be able to endure the rest.  Along the way past TN, there are more stores,
etc., until you get to Maine...then, you run into a spot where there is
NOTHING.  One thing that concerns me is that to make the entire trip, you
have to begin in GA during early spring.  In this part of the country, snow
storms are common (I thought of hikers last March and April when some
storms went through) and I often have trouble staying warm when still.
Yesterday, one young man who just completed the trip was featured in the
paper...he encountered a lot of snow...kept his pack very light by using a
tarp instead of a tent, etc.

Bonnie Zone 6+ ETN