From: Christopher P. Lindsey [mailto: lindsey@mallorn.com]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 20:53:18 -0600
Subject: [CHAT] hort.net fund drive

Hi everyone,<br><br>Things have finally come to a point with hort.net
where I need<br>to ask for contributions to keep it going. In the past
year I've become<br>disappointed by the lack of support for the site
from other people. It<br>seems that I get more criticism from folks
about what the site<br>doesn't do, how lousy certain images are, etc.
than positive feedback.<br>This is hard to take, especially since I've
been putting lots of money<br>into hort.net to keep it alive. So here's
the test -- if people are<br>willing to support hort.net, then it's
say that I don't feel unappreciated by the gardenchat folks.<br>You guys
are great and always have been, which makes it strange to<br>post this
message here. *You* are the ones that give hort.net life.<br><br>Anyhow,
here's the information about the hort.net fund drive:<br><br>
http://www.hort.net/funds/<br><br>I've also added the URL to the bottom
of messages from gardenchat. Please<br>don't feel obligated to donate --
we love you just as much either way.<br>But if you have some extra money
or find hort.net to be worthwhile, I'd<br>appreciate it if you'd
consider donating.<br><br>Thanks, and have a great New
link on every page on the <br> hort.net site and I'll send out notices
to the other lists. I just<br> feel most comfortable testing the water
with you because you'll be<br> nicer if you have any criticisms.

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com