From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net]On
Behalf Of kmrsy@comcast.net
Sent: Wednesday, December 31, 2003 7:14 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: RE: [CHAT] hort.net fund drive

Re > Couldn't get that stupid paypal thing to work.
Pam, I assume you were trying to use a credit card via paypal. I've
never tried it, though paypal does usually try to make transactions
pretty smooth.

I have a paypal account, which, once it is set up is really friendly and
easy to use. Setting one up isn't hard but it takes time, 4 or 5
business days.They deposit small amounts into your checking account 2x
and you verify it to make sure that the lines of communication are clear
with your bank. Then you tell your bank to transfer $ from your ckg acct
to PPal. Once I got past all that, it's been smooth sailing. PPal doesn'
charge me for sending money, just a small amt for receiving money. It's
been worth it to be able to handle transactions with an electronic
account so that my credit card and ckg account don't have to be involved
in the individual transactions.

Kitty

http://www.hort.net/funds/