Vitex

Kitty,
I love it too. I saw one that was probably 10 - 12 feet tall and that wide too. I do think that you can cut it off every few years or keep it trimmed back. I love the natural look and not trimmed if it has room to grow. It was beautiful. I would guess it was about 20-25 years old.
Tricia
The Vitex we saw at the arboretum was big, but it looked to me to be
easily controlled by spring pruning - maybe stooling. I loved that
light, airy look and abundant blooms.

Kitty