Re: Tomatoes

When I can't use my own tomatoes and am desperate for something red and softer than a radish in my salads, I go for cherry tomatoes. At least they have a little taste! Some of those billed as "tomatoes on the vine" i.e. those tomatoes still attached to their stems, have some taste. too.
On Wednesday, December 1, 2004, at 05:18 AM, Marge Talt wrote:

And have only the very faintest taste of tomato...sort of like red
tennis balls in texture and taste IMO.

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
Shadyside Garden Designs
Current Article: Plant Exchange

From: james singer <jsinger@igc.org>
Just now on the tube there was one of those reports that local
television airs to convince you they are hip to your concerns. This
had to do with the Great Tomato Shortage of 2004-5. The footage
TV has to have film to distract from airhead reporting and its
boosterisms] showed a company packing tomatoes to ship, presumably,

north. They were nice looking fruits, about the size of a baseball.
about the color of a split-leaf philodendron. No wonder they're
when you get them.