Re: Bittersweet

The problem, Andrea, is that we have oversold the idea that plants
on the Protected Plant List must not be used but we have not yet
educated our members to differentiate the protected plants from the
invasive ones.  I hate to say it, but many garden-clubbers, and even
Flower Show Judges are ignorant (I won't say stupid, but I could) about
horticulture.  If it is "bittersweet," that is on the Protected Plant List.
It doesn't matter that it is not the same species.  You wouldn't believe
the stupidity of some of these people.  I once had a Master Judge
try to disqualify a Sprengeri (asparagus fern) because she said it
was a fern and all ferns are on the Protected Plant List.  This is a
pet peeve of mine and a project I work at continually - trying to teach
some of them a little about the realities of horticulture.
Auralie

In a message dated 12/05/2004 8:46:29 PM Eastern Standard Time,