To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Sunday, December 05, 2004 6:52 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] link to Tricia's pictures.

You're most welcome, Tricia...if you've already got a bunch of Aucuba
then I'd go ahead and move a couple of them over there; looks to me
like 3 ought to do the trick as they do get large with some time.
Looking at the long shot of that corner, you can see how the one
Aucuba you have there lights up the shade, so a group of them would
do that nicely.

To compliment the gold in the Aucuba leaf, while giving you a good
contrast in texture, you might consider using  Acorus gramineus
'Ogon' as a groundcover or edging plant in front of the shrubs.  It's
rated hardy to z6.  It's evergreen for me.  Totally no care plant
that looks good all year around.  Grows in damp spots or regular
garden beds...Chris has a very nice image of this on the hort.net
gallery:

http://www.hort.net/gallery/view/ara/acogrog/