Re: Bittersweet

Andrea, there are garden clubs and garden clubs.  Some are nice
and thoughtful, and some are just the opposite.  On the whole I have
found them to be really good people, but its the few rotten apples
that spoil things for everyone - just like any other group.  This
business of ignorance about horticulture is one I work at all
the time.  In the Horticulture School series I run I always include
one session on basic botany - and am always amazed at the
complete ignorance of some people.  Where were they in
high school?  I once said one of the courses was just high-school
biology, and several declared they had never had biology in
high school.  I couldn't believe it.  If I was taught botany in a very
small-town school in the rural South in the 40s, I wonder what
they were teaching in the next few decades in the supposedly
more sophisticated Northeast.
Auralie

In a message dated 12/06/2004 6:57:23 PM Eastern Standard Time,