Re: Bittersweet/now learning

Interesting isn't it? I certainly had to take high school biology. It was
one of my favorite classes. And I distinctly recall learning about
photosynthesis in the class LONG before I was interested in horticulture. By
next December I'll have 18 credits in my horticulture masters so I'll be
able to teach college level classes at the  100 and 200 level. BUT, one of
my favorite things has been teaching the very informal classes at the
nursery in town. it delights me to be able to get these people some basic
horticulture knowledge, and I think it delights them too. Unfortunately, the
nursery was recently sold and so far the new owners haven't spoken to me
about teaching. Hopefully by spring they'll be ready. I know I will be. And
I know the garden clubs are good for the most part. One of my favorite
people in the world belongs to that particular one. they were all very nice,
I just would have appreciated being told that my presentation wouldn't
actually start until 10:30. I've been so busy lately it seems I get crabby
at any minor inconvenience. Right now I'm taking a break from a chapter
review on plant diseases caused by bacteria. I've got two more chapters
after this to review and 3 journal articles to critique and I'll be done
except for the final. And I feel like I haven't learned but a drop in the
bucket. If anyone wants an awesome book on plant diseases get Plant
Pathology by George N. Agrios. It's fabulous, although the chapter on fungal
disease almost killed me. It's over 200 pages long. Of course that does
include some pictures.....
Andrea H
Beaufort, SC