From:  [mailto: gardenqueen@academicplanet.com]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2004 06:14:46 -0600
Subject: Re: Re: Re: [CHAT] Snow

Whew, me too. May have to invest in a purple martin house next year.
I'm<br>told they love to gobble skeeters. Anyone else have one?
think they just hibernate,<br>Glad you made it through the
Message ----- <br>From: <gardenqueen@academicplanet.com><br>To:
<gardenchat@hort.net><br>Sent: Monday, December 06, 2004 8:51
our first hard freeze last week and still have<br>mosquitoes. Doesn't
12/6/2004 5:53:01 PM<br>> To: gardenchat@hort.net<br>> Subject: Re:
[CHAT] Snow<br>><br>> How annoying, it's supposed to be 80 degrees here
tomorrow. I'm ready for<br>> cold truthfully. It will get rid of the
----- Original Message ----- <br>> From: <Aplfgcnys@aol.com><br>> To:
<gardenchat@hort.net><br>> Sent: Monday, December 06, 2004 3:51 PM<br>>
weeks<br>> > ago that didn't really count). Today was the day my garden
we meet. The house, which is not<br>> > really<br>> > open to the
public, is part of the Westchester Parks Department, but is<br>>
mainly<br>> > used for offices and meeting facilities. It was a wealthy
George Washington's Mt. Vernon. Every year<br>> we<br>> > decorate the
main rooms before the annual "Friends of..." dinner and<br>other<br>> >
park<br>> > functions. This year the tree in

shiny metallic-paper origami birds made by one of our members. In<br>>
addition<br>> > we have filled the spaces between branches with bits of
delicate, airy appearance. That, with the lights<br>> and a<br>> >
few<br>> > crystalline snowflake ornaments, is all, but we think it
fireplace mantles, roping on the stairway, wreaths on doors,
through lunch (always bring a covered-dish lunch) and<br>business<br>> >
meeting so members could get home before the snow got bad, but I
don't<br>> think<br>> > it is really going to amount to much.
to be gone tomorrow. I have been wrong before, but<br>> hey,<br>> >

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com