winter protection

I wondered what all of you do protect their outdoor artwork over winter.
I usually lug everything in - stepping stones, statuary, plaques, etc. I
also wrap the stone/cement bench, cedar adirondack chair, and one 85
pound statue in tarps to protect from the elements.

I thought I might be making unnecessary work for myself, but I noticed
that one piece I left suspended from a tree over one winter is now
showing some erosion of the material. Of course all these pieces have
different composition, so maybe it was just that piece.

So, what do you do with your outdoor decorations? Lug them in or protect
them in any way? I'm in northeast Indiana, so our winters are often wet.