Re: Raccoons, now male cats and other creatures

Jim, your story brings back a memory from my distant past.  New son
number three was placed in the living room in a folding portable crib -
this was maybe the second day home.  For some reason never
explained or understood, my older children, aged 10 and 7 brought
a dog into the house.  Our resident large shepherd type was quite
territorial, and was not going to tolerate this intruder - and chased
it right under the baby's crib with much snarling and snapping.  The
intruder was yelping loudly, and the crib was in danger of being
overturned.  The nice woman who had been hired to help out for a
few days went into hysterics, throwing her apron over her face and
huddling in the corner.  So I, feeling pretty shaky to start with, had to
collar the dogs and wrestle them out, then calm down the hysterical
woman.  Needless to say, the boys had disappeared the moment
things began to get exciting.  The baby slept through it all.
The woman didn't come back the next day, and I felt it was just
as well.
The things we live through!
Auralie