Re: Not Scarab Beetle

You guys had all the fun.

On Saturday, December 11, 2004, at 06:39 PM, Zemuly Sanders wrote:

Here, too, Daryl. The bad children used to tie the string from the beetle to a cat's tail. I must admit it was pretty funny at the time, although I never did it.

zem
zone 7
West TN
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Saturday, December 11, 2004 1:54 PM
Subject: Re: Re: [CHAT] Not Scarab Beetle

Pam,

I think that you've got what are commonly called June Bugs here. Big
suckers. Kids used to tie a thread around one leg and fly 'em around like
model airplanes.

http://www.hiltonpond.org/ThisWeek020708.html has some pictures.

Daryl

----- Original Message ----- From: <gardenqueen@academicplanet.com> To: <gardenchat@hort.net> Sent: Saturday, December 11, 2004 2:23 PM Subject: Re: Re: [CHAT] Scarab Beetle

According to Howard Garrett, we don't have JB's here in Texas. This
thing was big - almost quarter size. JB's aren't that big are they?

Pam Evans

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
27.0 N, 82.4 W