Re: "organic" vegetables?

Zem, I grow the small tomatoes - several varieties - in  14" pots hanging
under the eaves of the garage in my breezeway.  They cover the whole
wall by the end of the summer - up to the roof and down to the ground -
and give me a constant supply of fruits for salads and just to snack on
as I pass by.  And they are attractive, too.  Then I have a couple of
strawberry pots planted with the little basil - can't think of the variety
this morning, but it has tiny leaves and makes 6" clumps - and Thai
Hot peppers.  They are very hot, if you like hot peppers, but also quite
decorative. I also have thyme, rosemary and other herbs in containers
in the area.  It's a sunny, protected place, so things survive there after
cold weather has finished them off elsewhere. A few years ago I
planted a small variety of beets in a container and used the early leaves
in salads.  They never developed as well as those in the regular garden,
but that could have been because I kept the leaves cut off too long.
Auralie - NY z5

In a message dated 12/14/2004 12:14:57 AM Eastern Standard Time,