Re: Yikes!!!!

Donna, we did that the first year we were here. Now we tend to ignore it. We have a canopy of 60-foot slash pines that more-or-less cover half the plantation. It has never frosted under that cover. Doesn't mean it won't, only that it hasn't. We had this kind of chill last year, also, with no loses.

When we have covered stuff, we've used cotton sheets from Goodwill or Sallyann because they breathe. Plastic is certain death. Down here there is a nursery fabric that we use at the nursery. It's a synthetic fabric that reminds me of rice paper.

When I left work today, I saw two Ewok trains each towing 20-30 smudge pots out into the iffy-palm growing areas.