From: Richard Apking
Sent: 12/17/2004 1:02:10 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: RE: [CHAT] Was Yucky veggies... now smoking

Hi you prospective non-smokers,

I wasn't asked, but thought I'd put my twp cents worth in anyway.  I started
smoking when I was around 15, and quit 40 years (and a small fortune)later.
My doctor scared me into it, and I also think that I really wanted to quit.
it was the hardest thing I've ever done (with the possible exception of
raising a teen-age daughter by myself).  I firmly believe that the only way
you'll ever do it is to really, really, really want to.  There will always
be a family emergency that you have to get through before you quit, and all
sorts of rationalizations as to why you'll quit next week, month, or year as
opposed to doing it now.

I quit by using the patches for 6 weeks and then nothing.  I still
occasionally have the urge to light up, but so far haven't.  Every now and
then I have a dream(nightmare) that I started smoking again, and I'll be so
very angry with myself for giving in (that's how real it seems) then I'll
wake up and find out it was a dream.  I quit about 10 years ago, and I am a
little heavier now, but not really fat.  I can breath better, and don't
wheeze when I lay down at night to sleep.

You should quit, but only if you really want to.  Good luck to you all; I
hope you make it.

-

http://www.hort.net/funds/