Re: Re: Holiday Shopping/ Rex Begonia

Thanks for the tip, Jim.
I can not grow the begonias directly in the ground, but could use large stock containers with a low profile, slip those under the benches. Which I have to construct as yet. My guess is pots of these will end up on the front porch area, in front of the new greenhouse entrance, worked into other large containers near the parking area, etc.
Gene E. Bush
Munchkin Nursery & Gardens, llc
Zone 6/5 Southern Indiana

----- Original Message ----- From: "james singer" <jsinger@igc.org>

Gene, My first wife's father grew house plants, including rex begonias. He planted his stock plants in the ground under his plant-holding benches in one of the greenhouses. They thrived there in the moist shade and were ever handy for taking cuttings.