Re: Weather

kmrsy@comcast.net wrote:
OK, Jim, now I need more info. I got my Longitude and latitude, but I
also got my MSA and FIPS. I figured out the MSA is my Metropolitan
Statistical Area which probably has something to do with the census. But
the FIPS has me puzzled. I found this definition:

FIPS (Federal Information Processing Standards) are a set of standards
that describe document processing, provide standard algorithms for
searching, and provide other information processing standards for use
within government agencies.

So who uses my FIPS?

Kitty
Latitude:  41.1037
Longitude:   85.0584
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++=+++++++++++++
Is that Latitude N or S ? Longitude E or W ? It makes a bit of
a difference in the weather...:-)
As for FIPS, I haven't a clue. I do know about FIPS in general,
having been a FED once, but I can only hypothesize that FIPS
may be a convenient shorthand notation for counties within or
between states. I'll go back to that ZIP place and see what I can make
of it.
-jrf
--
Jim Fisher