Re: Weekend accomplishments

I start with two cups of packed fresh basil leaves, place in a blender and add approximately 1/2 c olive oil, processing to make a thick paste. Some times it turns out to need less oil, sometimes more - play it by ear. We don't have access to a lot of different olive oils here, but my workhorse is Bertolli Extra Virgin. Sometimes people at a tasting party just dip a spoon in the oil to taste, with a bit of bread or cracker to clear the palate between. Others dip a piece of Italian bread in the oil and consume. (Don't use a sourdough, the taste would overwhelm the oil.
Our MG sponsored gardening day "Gardener's Palette" may include just such a tasting for one of the sessions this year.
Cathy