Re: weather

We are having strange weather  - 40s and pouring rain and blowing, after two
days of
very cold weather - low single digits  - earlier this week.
We went to the  grocery store this afternoon to do our weekly shopping - and
a bit of
extras for the holiday.  Just as we were finishing our check-out - really a
large bunch
of  stuff - the lights blinked and all the computer-cash registers were dead.
The lights
came back on, but it took the computers about 10 minutes to reboot.  And then
had to start our checkout all over again.  We had already bagged about seven
of groceries - not too much left - but it all had to be done over again.
Since I am suffering
from a full-blown head cold - the sort you know you will be over in a few
days  but
don't really think you want to live that long - this was not the happiest of
We finally got  checked out - took us about half an hour - and into the car
in the
downpour.  Wouldn't you think an organization as big as A&P would have a
back-up system  so we wouldn't have to go through all this delay?