Re: Weekend accomplishments

Just what it sounds like - no heat was used in the production. For some olive oils, solvents are used to help extract the oil, then heat is used to remove the solvents.
I usually use my frozen basil in cooked dishes, so I throw a cube or two right into the mix. If I am going to turn it into pesto, I thaw the appropriate amount and then throw it into the blender with the rest of the pesto ingredients. As far as my palate is concerned, frozen basil tastes just like fresh.
Cathy