Re: weather

In a message dated 12/24/2004 1:27:07 PM Eastern Standard Time,
kmrsy@comcast.net writes:
Years ago when I worked in a grocery store, we lost power a
few times, and it did not come back on for quite some time. We had to
lock the doors so no new customers came in and then start writing down
and adding up each customer's order. It took a long time to process
people. A few employees collected frozen items that customers decided
they didn't want because of the long wait. But we all got through it.

When we had the area-wide blackout a couple of years ago, we just
happened to be in the grocery store when it happened.  The store just
told everybody to leave their carts where they were and leave the store.
No effort to add up orders or anything else.  Just cleared us out as
fast as they could - guess they feared people would walk out with
unpaidfor things.