Re: Seasons Greetings

Jim, at the Florida panhandle house where I grew up - many, many
years ago, my grandmother had a bed - maybe three feet across -
of amaryllis.  They grew quite large - usually had four blooms on two-
to-two and a half foot stems.  They were two-toned red and white.
She called them "milk and wine lilies," though she knew they were
amaryllis.  From time to time she would dig them up, replant some
and give some away.  The bulbs were huge. Thanks for the

  Of course, when I say "she" dug them up, I don't mean that
literally, as that woman never dug anything.  She just instructed the
person who did the yard work (also a woman) where and when to

In a message dated 12/25/2004 9:54:51 AM Eastern Standard Time,