To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Sunday, December 26, 2004 12:04 PM
Subject: [CHAT] Stolen Orchids

Merry Christman, gang! I know this is a little off topic, but I know
several of you are in my area and I wanted to get this out to as many people
as possible, so here goes:

I received the following from the good folks at Palmer Orchids, just about
the only commercial orchid vendor in the Houston area, Christmas Day. I'm
posting here to ask all of you to watch for any new "bargain" plants that
might show up on the auction sites or from unusual sources, especially in
the Houston area, and either let me know or let them know.

Ray and Terri have been part of the orchid community for many years and have
introduced many new growers to the hobby. They run a small operation, but
go out of their way to support both the Houston Orchid Society and the
Galveston Orchid Society. This is the second time this fall they have been
hit by thieves; in October, someone stole the parrots they kept in their
greenhouse.

If you can help, please do.

Scottie

"Merry Christmas to everyone

We had a thief that broke into our greenhouse early Christmas Eve Morning.
They took about 1200 plants. Most of the plants were Cattleya in pot sizes
from 4 to 6 in Pots plus our show plants in 14" pots. Also Stolen were
approx 100 Vanda Plants in Black Plastic Square or Wooden Slatted Baskets of
assorted sizes. The vandas were mostly Fuchs. Also Stolen were some
cerripidilum species - Phalaenopsis.

We ask each of you to be on the look out for these plants. We feel sure
that someone who knows orchids stole these plants, and will no doubt try
selling them somewhere in the area or online.

If you see anything, please call us or the local police immediately.

We thank all of you for your past support and your friendship.

Ray & Terri Palmer"

http://www.hort.net/funds/