From: E. John Tompkins, P.E.
To: kmrsy@comcast.net ; EvaTEsq@aol.com ; silverhawk@flash.net ;
jbukowski@fuscient.com ; chris@WIDOM-ASSOC.COM ; chucktrmc@netzero.com ;
mdare@ptd.com ; Kdyou@aol.com ; ejtsbabe@gmail.com ;
gardenqueen@academicplanet.com ; dfranzma@pacbell.net ;
Heidi.Tompkins@HSTBusinessSolutions.com ; hodgesaa@earthlink.net ;
jlancione@NFPA.org ; jsinger@igc.org ; kasper97@juno.com ;
Iluvstringbass@aol.com ; RodL@aol.com ; maamodio@optonline.net ;
amege@juno.com ; mohlin@juno.com ; wmorgan972@ameritech.net ; Joneills@aol.com
; robbinsbaugh@earthlink.net ; zsanders@midsouth.rr.com ;
lschelter@hotmail.com ; stompkins@Bp-Tech.com ; shanany2@yahoo.com ;
WLees125@aol.com ; bandswright@hotmail.com ; wrightwn@comcast.net ;
usmc0402@comcast.net
Sent: Saturday, December 25, 2004 4:22 PM
Subject: And so this is Christmas,

Evie,

    I was going to let this slide, as obviously the amount of rhetoric is
inversely proportional to the actual knowledge of the subject, but after your
reply, I have to set a few things straight with real facts.  First, My small
companies are one of the large Corporate developers the left wing wacko
liberals claim are benefiting from these rule changes.  The attached jpg shows
most of the 24 permits and environmental gov't agency approvals we have to get
under the new simplified system, and this list is reduced because fortunately
we don't have to cut one tree, shrub or large plant.  The additional number of
permits & approvals is just plain ridicules if the cutting of just one tree
were involved.  All of this is for a simple underwater HVDC transmission line
which will be under ground for 1.5 miles on each end and run 10 -12 miles
under water.  This is even after we have been working for 6 months to prepare
and prefiled all of our information and every agency to date has agreed that
we have NO ADVERSE IMPACTS!  But even having no impacts can't reduce or
streamline the process because of the mandatory notification periods.
    Second, while a full Environmental Impact statement is not required for
all projects, an EA or Environmental Assessment is required, and if that
process results in identifying any real concerns, than a full EIS is triggered
anyways.
    Third, as for $ impacts being considered in addition to endangered
species, that should have been done long ago.  It is only poetic justice, that
some of the previous rules are the cause of some species now becoming extinct.
In fact it is now recognized that extinction is the natural order of things
and the optimum result that should occur in several situations.  Dinosaurs &
Dodo birds aren't around today for good reason.  An entire renewable energy
project out west was stopped by the old rules, because a species of snail,
(that's right insects and snails count), was deemed to be a nearly extinct
species.  The Hydro project, which may not have even contributed to this
miserable creatures existence or extinction, was not built and this year a
devastating flood wiped this species out.
    Fourth, it will take a full time staff of several people just to file the
number of unnecessary reports, which all say we have NO IMPACT!  If the real
objective of the left wing radical liberals was to actually save trees,
reducing the number of unnecessary reports is the best first step.
    Fifth, The fact that permitting times are being reduced to 2 or 3 years
from 10 years is only logical and reasonable.  Some forests have been growing
out of control and at a faster rate than a permit can be filed and acted on.
The major forest fires last year wiped out more trees than the logging ever
would have and caused far more severe problems to people & animals.
    Finally not allowing snowmobiles access where other forms of
transportation are allowed is blatant discrimination.  You can have emission &
noise requirements, as has been done with automobiles, but discriminating
against snowmobiles is blatantly unfair.  Only the far left liberals believe
discrimination is ok for them, and when it is for their cause, but wrong for
everyone else.  The Bush basher comments are to outrageous to merit a
response.  It was a good thing that the clear majority of the popular vote was
rational enough to select Bush over Kerry.  Of course the democrats are
against the electorial college system, except when and if it may be
minipulated to their advantage.

Merry Christmas & Love Dad,
E. John Tompkins, P.E.
COO of Sea Breeze Pacific RTS
CFO of Boundless Energy, LLC,
President of TR&MC, and
Director of Atlantic Energy Partners, LLC
for Project NeptuneRTS
TOMPKINS, Research & Management Consulting
WEBSITE => www.trmc.com
E-MAIL => ejt@trmc.com
203 Redstone Hill
Plainville, CT 06062