Re: I'm back!

And then there was Chess Pie with similar ingredients.  I have heard that
it was really "jest pie" but awfully good.

My family had a rich cake recipe called "Prince of Wales Cake" with
alternate dark and light layers and a rich filling containing maraschino
cherries.  I always suspected that it was really "good enough for the
Prince..." and not really one that had been served to that notable.  This
family had a deed to the family place in Alabama dated around  1810, and
I doubt had any connections to any Prince of Wales.

In a message dated 12/26/2004 7:00:22 PM Eastern Standard Time,