From: Bonnie & Bill Morgan
Sent: 12/27/2004 7:30:44 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: RE: Re: [CHAT] Merry Christmas/ delayed

I can imagine the cost Gene.  Our church had to hire a front loader to do
the parking lot because of the depth of snow & drifts.  Even with warmer
temps coming later this weekend, I'm not sure the piled up snow at the
perimeter of the lot will melt until spring!!!  I'm happy for your wife that
she was able to play that organ!!!  I'm sure she wasn't the only one who was
late.  And I'm sure JoAn's parents were very glad you two could make it.  I
know I love to see our girls when they can visit.  Perhaps now that the
Christmas press is over, the two of you CAN sneak some private time
together?  After all, if you can't get your vehicle up the drive, no one
else should be able to either!!!  :>D

Bill and I lit luminaries Christmas Eve after two "Santa Visits" in -15 F
wind chills and an honest -8 F temps.  That was some trick!!!  Even with the
tea lights burning inside glass eternity globes, there was such a build up
of ice crystals that I was truly amazed.  And once the globes filled up with
gas, the tea lights could not/would not relight.  We finally worked out a
method of using tongs to pull out the tea lights, light them and then gently
put them back into the globes (with maybe 1/16th inch clearance.)  It was a
good night.  Christmas was pretty quiet with only the girls and their
partners in attendance (and of course, the grandchildren.)

The younger daughter left her bulldogs with us as she was going with her
partner, Jason, to Florida to visit his parents in the week between.  She
needs the time to get away after being in a violent robbery at her bank.
(She's the office manager there.)  She is still having day and night mares.
The entire staff is still traumatized by it all.  We're just all very
thankful no one was killed.

Blessings,
Bonnie (SW OH - zone 5)