From: James R. Fisher
Sent: 12/27/2004 6:55:05 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Black & blue salvia

gardenqueen@academicplanet.com wrote:
> I remember an exchange about this plant sometime back, so I know at
> least a few of you grow this gorgeous creature. I'm perusing the PDN
Isn't B & B a clone of Salvia guarnitica ? There's another clone grown
in my local botanic garden, S. g. 'Costa Rica' ; it and B & B are grown
close together and having seen them there, I think I'd prefer to grow
Costa Rica. It's substantially larger-flowered and even blue-er .
Jim Fisher
Vienna, Virginia USA
38.9 N 77.2 W
USDA Zone 7