Re: Godi's pictures now posted....

We seem to know something, here. Mainly, that cats put strings in their food bowls.

On Tuesday, December 28, 2004, at 06:35 PM, Zemuly Sanders wrote:

Hecate also likes string. For the longest time she had a piece of small round elastic that was one of her favorites. It, too, was frequently found in the food bowl.
zem
----- Original Message ----- From: <kmrsy@comcast.net>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Tuesday, December 28, 2004 4:23 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Godi's pictures now posted....

Auralie, that reminded me - Seamus used to carry around a cord from a
hooded sweatshirt and i always found it in the food bowl. Last time I
cleaned up around here- eons ago- I must have put it away somewhere.
Think I'll look for it. I bet he'd like to see it again.

Kitty

Kitty, a few times in years past when we have had kittens, one of them would
climb the tree, but none of the adult cats has done that. They always like to
lie under it though. We have always wired the tree to the bookcase it stands
in front of - for safety from children, grandchildren, and now only cats.
The
hooks are there permanently. The ornaments for the lower branches are always
the sturdy ones, usually wooden. The delicate crystal ones stay on the high
branches. This was the 55th Christmas tree we have decorated together, and
some of the ornaments are nearly that old. A lot of memories hang on that
tree.
We won't give it up easily.
You're right Lady Jane Gray is a mischief-maker. She likes to get into
anything
that's going on. Always helps me cook, tries to take our morning vitamin
pills,
sits on whatever we are reading or writing, etc. She has a prized possession
-
a string that is just her's. She carries it from room to room, brings it to
each of
us several times a day and asks to be played with. Every morning when we get
up the string is in the dry-food dish. She will let the others play with the
string
with her for a bit, but soon loses interest if one of the others is having a
good
romp. She wants to be the main center of attention. And she looks a lot
like
Pam's Sugar.
Auralie

In a message dated 12/28/2004 4:02:00 PM Eastern Standard Time,