Re: Black Mondo Grass

Kitty & Sherri, thank you so much.  Asking for a certain plant is like hiring
detectives.  I do appreciate the help.  The words 'extremely slow growing' is
not what I want to hear.  In the description of the 'Nigrescens', which is
the one we want, World Plants states 'we have had reports from coastal residents
that it grows quite rapidly in sandy soils'  Our soil is far from sandy but
very futile.  I need about 12 plants.  The other problem is if we plant before
the fair, they would be stolen for sure which means we would need to container
grow & transplant the first of Aug or just bury the container which is easier
for quick removal the day after the fair.  The price is $5 for a 4".  Not bad
however I have not chkd the shipping.  Has anyone on the list had experience
with this plant?
    Other plants we plan to use are 3 kinds of Caladiums under some trees, 3
varieties of Acalypha, elephant ear Illustrius & Black Magic, dk leafed canna
without blooms behind 3 variegated Weigela, variegated ginger, Jurasic Kale,
Sanchezia, Pseuderantheman, Alternanthera, some coleus and would really like to
have Xanthosoma 'Lime Zinger'.   In an area where a weeping Norway spruce, dk
leafed Beech, & burgy barberry are we are covering the area with Lysimachia
nummularia 'Aurea'.  As I am writing this I am thinking we have to many plants
with similar foliage shape such as Caladiums & elephant ear.  I haven't put
this on paper yet so this may chg with added thought.