Re: One project accomplished

In a message dated 12/29/04 10:45:41 AM, cathy.c@insightbb.com writes:

<< And, can you knowledgeable ones out
there recommend some suitable "understory" plants for roses that would
be hardy to z5? >>

Cathy, I like to use Dianthus, Coreopsis 'Rosea',  low growing Veronicas such
as Blue Bouquet & Alba, small perennial geraniums, Blue Fescue, small
Heuchera, a sm pink Silene which was started by seed, Butterfly Blue Delphinium,
Platycodon Astra or Sentimental   Blue(easy from seed & I love this one), Artemsia
Silver Mound or   Silver Brocade.
    Ceres