Re: One project accomplished

Auralie, I thoroughly agree with you, but I have a small family and my
sister visits rarely because of the long distance (though now she says
she has to deliver a paper in South Bend in May and could she visit
again? !!!!!!) A hotel would be out of the question for such a lengthy
stay, and she doesn't have a car. I had to buy a bed and rearrange 3
rooms of furniture to set things up for her stay.

There is a big guilt story behind this accommodation. About 10 yrs ago
my dad (from TN) showed up at my door unannounced and asked if he could
stay the night because he had no $ for a hotel. I had just moved the
entire houseful of furniture into the living room for carpet cleaners
coming a few days later. I unearthed a bed for him and then suddenly he
was staying a few more days and then he shows up with a new set of golf
clubs (already had 2 nice sets) I casually mentioned that I thought he
said he was broke. He started screaming at me that if he wasn't welcome
he would just leave, packed his bags and left.

A month later I had to go to Chicago for a wake and visited my mom's
relatives. My aunts asked me why I had thrown my father out on the
street. Why couldn't he stay with me when he visited? I was mortified.
He knew exactly how to hit me where it counted by running to my mom's
family and lieing about what had happened.

Kitty