From: Chapel Ridge Wal Mart National Hearing Center [mailto: 4042N15@nationalhearing.com]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 12:02:27 -0600
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Been gone too long!

Glad to hear from you again Melody.<br><br>Can the kids help you with
your garden next year? It's called reciprosity.<br>You help them in an
endless number of ways, maybe there's something they<br>could do to help
with spring cleanup in the yard. It would be a good<br>life-lesson for
" <mhobertm@excite.com><br>To: <gardenchat@hort.net><br>Sent: Thursday,
December 01, 2005 12:16 AM<br>Subject: [CHAT] Been gone too
you and have<br>> enjoyed skimming the list mail trying to keep up with
all the going's<br>> on...I probably missed some stuff but the nice part
is knowing you all<br>> are still here. I hope all of you had a good
Thanksgiving...it was my<br>> turn to work this year so the DH and kids
did most of the cooking while<br>> I slept. Have been enormously busy
with church and the classes I've been<br>> taking for ministry

formation and stewardship. The kids are all sick<br>> right now and my
mom had knee surgery so home life is keeping me busy,<br>> too. Work at
the hospital is the SOSDD as it has been for all the years<br>> I've
worked here...had an upper level management person who makes the<br>>
big bucks ask me recently how I could stand working in a job I
hated<br>> that much for so long. I just looked at her and laughed...I
said it's<br>> called a paycheck and benefits. LOL! I guess when you
make in excess of<br>> 100 grand a year you live in a different plane of
suffered this year under the demands of 2 jobs and<br>> classes and
family commitments. Got so far behind I eventually<br>> surrendered
which I know will make for more work in the late winter,<br>> early
spring but something had to give and this was it. I think we might<br>>
have done okay until the sinkhole episode which just totally ruined
a<br>> good

portion of my favorite garden...that and the lack of rain through<br>>
much of the summer. Well, I can hope for a better year next year,
can't<br>> I? Now I have all winter to think about how I can improve and
Speaking of winter, we're getting our first appreciable snow storm
here<br>> in this part of the state tonight. Started snowing here about
9 p.m. and<br>> by the time I left for work at 10:20 p.m. it was pretty
nasty.<br>> Interstate traffic was moving at about 25 mph, semi's
included...high<br>> winds made for near white out at times because of
all the flat fields.<br>> Plows hadn't been out yet so it was tough to
tell where to drive. Took<br>> me about 1/2 hour to drive 10 miles. Of
course, it is supposed to stop<br>> during the night and we're only
supposed to be looking at 4 inches or<br>> less, so the morning drive
ought to be much better. Ceres...how did you<br>> guys do with this

storm earlier this<br>> week...ugh! So sorry...I was praying for all of
you. And to our friends<br>> in OK...hope they get those fires under
control soon...that looks nasty.<br>> Pam...always wishing for rain for
you my dear. Jim...people up here<br>> couldn't believe the Buddha's
hand...they were fascinated by it. It was<br>> too bitter for us to eat,
but it ended up being a great show and tell<br>> piece. Thanks. I could
go on and on, with personal thoughts and messages<br>> for nearly
everyone on the list, but that would be unbearable for all<br>> the
rest. Suffice to say, I've been mostly paying attention and praying<br>>
lots and lots for all of you. Andrea...hope you are feeling better
with<br>> the back. God, I've missed you guys so much...it feels good to
be back.<br>> Here's hoping I can hang around more. Hugs to all of

Lord: the pay isn't much but the retirement is out of