From: kmrsy@netzero.net [mailto: kmrsy@netzero.net]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2005 14:02:56 GMT
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Been gone too long!

Melody, I knew that your kids help out. I just thought maybe the garden
&quot;Melody &quot; &lt;mhobertm@excite.com&gt; wrote:<br>Kitty: My kids
and my husband all work in the garden in a thousand<br>different
ways...just they need lots of directioning so things don't
get<br>uprooted or destroyed by accident (you know, the &quot;Oh, I'm
sorry that<br>looked like a weed...&quot; thing). Each of the kids has
their own section of<br>the garden, too but as they are still learning,
guidance is necessary.<br>I'm thinking it was a combination of a bunch
of different things that<br>got us so behind...the weather here this
past year was very<br>strange...unbelievably warm when it shouldn't have
been, no rain for so<br>long that the ground dried up to the point you
couldn't even get a<br>shovel in it, and my work at the church has been
unusually demanding for<br>the past several months while I launched a
new

catecheteics program for<br>the kids and adults that required a total
restructuring process and<br>months of planning to pull off some major
events. Still several more<br>major events to design and coordinate into
programs is going to tax my time for a while yet, so<br>it is necessary
to figure out how to streamline the gardening and<br>housework for a
while...getting there, it's just taking time. Thanks for<br>the concern,
Lord: the pay isn't much but the retirement is out of this
world!<br><br> --- On Thu 12/01, Chapel Ridge Wal Mart National Hearing
Center &lt; 4042N15@nationalhearing.com &gt; wrote:<br>From: Chapel
Ridge Wal Mart National Hearing Center [mailto:
4042N15@nationalhearing.com]<br>To: gardenchat@hort.net<br>Date: Thu, 1
Dec 2005 12:02:27 -0600<br>Subject: Re: [CHAT] Been gone too
long!<br><br>Glad to hear from you again

Melody.&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;Can the kids help you with<br>your garden
next year? It's called reciprosity.&lt;br&gt;You help them in
an<br>endless number of ways, maybe there's something
they&lt;br&gt;could do to help<br>with spring cleanup in the yard. It
would be a good&lt;br&gt;life-lesson
for<br>them.&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;Kitty&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;----- Original
Message ----- &lt;br&gt;From: &quot;Melody<br>&quot;
&lt;mhobertm@excite.com&gt;&lt;br&gt;To:
&lt;gardenchat@hort.net&gt;&lt;br&gt;Sent: Thursday,<br>December 01,
2005 12:16 AM&lt;br&gt;Subject: [CHAT] Been gone
too<br>long!&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;&gt; OMG...how the heck are
you guys? I have missed all of<br>you and have&lt;br&gt;&gt; enjoyed
skimming the list mail trying to keep up with<br>all the
going's&lt;br&gt;&gt; on...I probably missed some stuff but the nice
part<br>is knowing you all&lt;br&gt;&gt; are still here. I hope all of
you had a good<br>Thanksgiving...it was my&lt;br&gt;&gt; turn to work
this

year so the DH and kids<br>did most of the cooking while&lt;br&gt;&gt; I
slept. Have been enormously busy<br>with church and the classes I've
been&lt;br&gt;&gt; taking for ministry<br><br>formation and stewardship.
The kids are all sick&lt;br&gt;&gt; right now and my<br>mom had knee
surgery so home life is keeping me busy,&lt;br&gt;&gt; too. Work
at<br>the hospital is the SOSDD as it has been for all the
years&lt;br&gt;&gt; I've<br>worked here...had an upper level management
person who makes the&lt;br&gt;&gt;<br>big bucks ask me recently how I
could stand working in a job I<br>hated&lt;br&gt;&gt; that much for so
long. I just looked at her and laughed...I<br>said it's&lt;br&gt;&gt;
called a paycheck and benefits. LOL! I guess when you<br>make in excess
of&lt;br&gt;&gt; 100 grand a year you live in a different plane
of<br>reality than the&lt;br&gt;&gt;&lt;br&gt;&gt; rest of
us.&lt;br&gt;&gt;&lt;br&gt;&gt; My poor garden really<br>suffered this
year under the demands of 2 jobs

and&lt;br&gt;&gt; classes and<br>family commitments. Got so far behind I
eventually&lt;br&gt;&gt; surrendered<br>which I know will make for more
work in the late winter,&lt;br&gt;&gt; early<br>spring but something had
to give and this was it. I think we might&lt;br&gt;&gt;<br>have done
okay until the sinkhole episode which just totally
garden...that and the lack of rain through&lt;br&gt;&gt;<br>much of the
summer. Well, I can hope for a better year next
year,<br>can't&lt;br&gt;&gt; I? Now I have all winter to think about how
I can improve and<br>streamline&lt;br&gt;&gt; the process of working in
my gardens.&lt;br&gt;&gt;&lt;br&gt;&gt;&lt;br&gt;&gt;<br>Speaking of
winter, we're getting our first appreciable snow
storm<br>here&lt;br&gt;&gt; in this part of the state tonight. Started
snowing here about<br>9 p.m. and&lt;br&gt;&gt; by the time I left for
work at 10:20 p.m. it was pretty<br>nasty.&lt;br&gt;&gt; Interstate

traffic was moving at about 25 mph,
semi's<br>included...high&lt;br&gt;&gt; winds made for near white out at
times because of<br>all the flat fields.&lt;br&gt;&gt; Plows hadn't been
out yet so it was tough to<br>tell where to drive. Took&lt;br&gt;&gt; me
about 1/2 hour to drive 10 miles. Of<br>course, it is supposed to
stop&lt;br&gt;&gt; during the night and we're only<br>supposed to be
looking at 4 inches or&lt;br&gt;&gt; less, so the morning drive<br>ought
to be much better. Ceres...how did you&lt;br&gt;&gt; guys do with
this<br><br>storm?&lt;br&gt;&gt;&lt;br&gt;&gt;&lt;br&gt;&gt; And to
those west of here who got creamed by the<br>storm earlier
this&lt;br&gt;&gt; week...ugh! So sorry...I was praying for all
of<br>you. And to our friends&lt;br&gt;&gt; in OK...hope they get those
fires under<br>control soon...that looks nasty.&lt;br&gt;&gt;
Pam...always wishing for rain for<br>you my dear. Jim...people up
here&lt;br&gt;&gt; couldn't believe the Buddha's<br>hand...they were

fascinated by it. It was&lt;br&gt;&gt; too bitter for us to eat,<br>but
it ended up being a great show and tell&lt;br&gt;&gt; piece. Thanks. I
could<br>go on and on, with personal thoughts and messages&lt;br&gt;&gt;
for nearly<br>everyone on the list, but that would be unbearable for
all&lt;br&gt;&gt; the<br>rest. Suffice to say, I've been mostly paying
attention and praying&lt;br&gt;&gt;<br>lots and lots for all of you.
Andrea...hope you are feeling better<br>with&lt;br&gt;&gt; the back.
God, I've missed you guys so much...it feels good to<br>be
back.&lt;br&gt;&gt; Here's hoping I can hang around more. Hugs to all
of<br>you!&lt;br&gt;&gt;&lt;br&gt;&gt;&lt;br&gt;&gt;&lt;br&gt;&gt;
Melody&lt;br&gt;&gt; Hills, IA zone 5&lt;br&gt;&gt;&lt;br&gt;&gt; Work
of<br>this&lt;br&gt;world!&lt;br&gt;&gt;&lt;br&gt;&gt;<br>_______________________________________________&lt;br&gt;&gt;
Join Excite! -<br><br>

http://www.excite.com&lt;br&gt;&gt;<br><br>The most personalized portal
on the
Web!&lt;br&gt;&gt;&lt;br&gt;&gt;<br>---------------------------------------------------------------------&lt;br&gt;&gt;<br>To
sign-off this list, send email to majordomo@hort.net with
the&lt;br&gt;&gt;<br>message text
UNSUBSCRIBE<br>GARDENCHAT&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;---------------------------------------------------------------------&lt;br&gt;To<br>sign-off
this list, send email to majordomo@hort.net with
the&lt;br&gt;message<br>text UNSUBSCRIBE
Excite! -

    http://www.excite.com<br>The

most personalized portal on the
text UNSUBSCRIBE