Re: Back to Chat

I think another reason it's called reality is that it is actually
happening rather than being acted out, despite how contrived it is. The
bits of them I've seen on commercials or in brief channel surfing
indicates people being pitted against each other in bizarre contests,
resulting in lots of backstabbing, lunacy, and as Jim mentioned,
humiliation. I've heard they have vaguely similar shows in poorer
countries in which people throng for the chance to debase themselves by,
for example, licking someone's feet for $20. They are so desperate, they
will do that, even though in their culture it's one of the worst things
they could do. Networks create these shows for 2 reasons. Production
costs are much cheaper than filming a drama or comedy or whatever and
because, for reasons I simply cannot fathom, society seems to want to
see it.

Kitty

Hmm, all this business escapes me.  Oh well, I'm weird.

--
Pam Evans
Kemp TX