Re: BRRRRRRRRRRR-seeds

  • To: gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: [CHAT] BRRRRRRRRRRR-seeds
  • From: "Chapel Ridge Wal Mart National Hearing Center" 4042N15@nationalhearing.com
  • Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 10:16:37 -0600

It's too soon for it to be this cold for this long.  4 degrees last night.
Rich, you can keep it, we don't need it.  I've been trying to keep the house
at 59 to offset the incease in the price of gas heat.  My November bill was
actually a few dollars less than Nov 04's bill, but the December bill?  It
seems like the furnace is always running just to keep us at 59.  I will have
to increase that when my sister comes to visit from AB.  Not really fair to
make her deal with a cold house.  As it is, I can see that my cuttings don't
seem to be growing as quickly as last year.  They do get some warmth from
the lights, but not a lot.  I probably should put heat mats under some of
them.  But that would dry them out faster and I would probably forget to
water them.

I've been working on our MG seed packet labels.  If you recall, I asked some
time back about wording to indicate that this is collected seed and
cultivars don' come true from seed.  The Hort Ed solved it.  He wants a
second label on every packet stating such.  I use the 30 to a page labels
for seed instructions; I'll use the 80 to a page for this additional label.

Kitty