Re: BRRRRRRRRR/Hort subscr.

I admit I've revised my opinion a bit after actually reading (as opposed to skimming) several of the articles. I enjoyed the articles on Polygonatum and atypical roses. Have a few of each on my endless wish list now. I think I was put off initially by the many advertisements.
Judy B z 5 Idaho, low was less than 10F, 18F at 9am again. Just noticed the foliage onmy C. montana is crisped. It was still green a week ago. Hope this doesn't mean I have to wait 2 years for it to bloom again : (
----- Original Message ----- From: "Gene Bush" <genebush@otherside.com>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Thursday, December 08, 2005 4:39 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] BRRRRRRRRR/Hort subscr.

Judy,
I suppose each issue of any gardening magazine depends upon the gardener holding that issue. Now, for me, the issue I just received of Horticulture magazine is a gold mine.... Colston Burrell did an article on new Polygonatum. One, I am a collector of Solomon's seals. Two I have some of Cole's books and like what he has to say. Three, Cole has visited here and I like him as a person as well as his writing.
So... other than our name being in the issue, I spend last evening going over Cole's article couple of times. Worth every penny to me.
Gene E. Bush
Munchkin Nursery & Gardens, llc
www.munchkinnursery.com
genebush@munchkinnursery.com
Zone 6/5 Southern Indiana

----- Original Message ----- From: "Judy Browning" <judylee@lewiston.com>
snip...
Kitty, my first issue of Horticulture arrived. I can see why you balk at paying full price. Nice, but pricey for the content. Nice bit about Gene's nursery in one of the articles.
Judy B z 6 Idaho, 18F at 9am, frost on the car windows, bright sunshine & still, no wind.