We're having our first heavy snow for the season - so far about 4 inches, but
it shows no sign of letting up.  Of course it would be the day I finally had
appointment with a doctor who might have done something about the Lyme
disease I have been struggling with since summer, but that's the way it
goes.  Also, the Friends of Lasdon annual dinner tonight will be cancelled.
My garden club worked hard earlier this week to decorate the manor house
for this event.  Oh well

As for having flowers in winter - I try to have something in bloom all the
African violets are a staple, if boring.  My heirloom Christmas cactus - from
a cutting from a huge one in an old-folks home where we used to visit about
40 years ago - is just coming into bloom.  I have had, and lost, numerous
fancy hybrids in many colors - yellow, white, pink, etc., but this old magenta
one keeps on producing year after year. Also a couple of my old hibiscus
plants have produced a new rash of blooms since we brought them in - one
bright red and the other light yellow.  Less showy, but very attractive to
is an aloe 'Flurry' that is beginning to send up flower spikes, and a dwarf
pink spathyphyllum has a bloom spike.  I guess none of this would look
like much to many people, but it gives me a boost.
In a message dated 12/09/2005 12:07:24 AM Eastern Standard Time,