Happy Anniversary!

3 years ago, the message below appeared- the first one at our new home
thanks to Chris Lindsey.  Since then we have bombarded Chris's server with a
zillion and one messages. (I am sure he has the actual count, but I have to
be close ;) )  No cheating- guess who posted it!

Thanks Chris for giving us a home!

I am lucky that I found a couple of great groups, where sharing not only the
'topic' of the list, but on-line friendships have developed.  Just the other
day, on another list, one of the members had a tragedy (say a prayer please,
she is in critical condition due to a car accident), and I think one of the
members there summed it up nicely -  so let me quote part of his message, I
am sure he wouldn't mind -

Quote:

I can't help but think of the season we are in and one of my favorite
Christmas tunes and stories --- "There must have been magic in that old silk
hat they found" -- or is it those little porcelain houses, how else can you
explain the strong emotions - the magic - all these miles apart that we all
feel when one of us has a joyful experience or even a terrible tragedy like
the one Dale and Mazelle are experiencing - in life some things are best
left unexplained - to be enjoyed and marveled at that they some how even
exist at all in this crazy world we live in. I don't know why or care to
understand why you all can bring a tear to my eye or a laugh so boisterous I
fall out my chair - for no matter what that reason - I'm glad I'm a part of
this and around to enjoy it!

End quote---

And now to who posted the first message in our new home:

Snip----